By the end of the course, delegates will have:
- Reviewed the skills required for effective communication
- Recognised the importance of listening as an interactive skill.
- Distinguished different types of questioning.
- Appreciated the importance of eye contact and body language.
- Understood basic rights in interpersonal relationships.
- Distinguished assertive behaviour from aggressive.
- Recognised basic Transactional Analysis (TA) Techniques.
- Distinguished the benefits of an open sharing team culture.
- Recognised how they interact with others.
- Practised communication skills in different situations
- Reviewed ways to develop staff
- Practised delivering a coaching session
- Reviewed the need develop their personal skills
- Prepared an action plan for implementation in the workplace
The Skills of Supervision
What communication skills does a supervisor need?
The Power of Behaviour
Why do people behave the way they do?
What influences our behaviour?
Principles of Communication
What is communication?
How do we communicate?
Communication in Action
How assertive are you?
Choosing an assertive style
Analysing and Choosing Behaviour
Understanding interpersonal transactions
What is your favoured style of communication
Choosing to change
Communication in Groups
The importance of team communication
Managing communication in groups
Staff Development & Coaching
Identify areas of development within your team which could be met through coaching
Who can coach, who can be coached
Preparing to coach
Delivering a short coaching session
Coaching action plan
Personal Development Action Plan
Course Duration: Two Days