- By the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Assess your personal stress levels and identify the common causes of stress in the workplace.
- Identify the causes and effects of stress on your actions.
- Recognise the symptoms of stress in yourself and colleagues.
- Learn how you can deal with pressure and stress effectively at work.
- Adapt to changes in working routine or environment.
- Make changes in your behaviour to resolve conflict of needs in others.
Stress in the Workplace
What contributes to workplace pressures?
The impact of stress on personal performance
Maintaining an effective work/life balance
Managing Pressure in the Workplace
Moving from reactive to proactive
Working to prioritise when everything is urgent
Managing conflicting demands from more than one person
Handling Others in a Stressful Environment
Recognising the signs of stress in others
Stress as a source of energy – turning anxiety into positive feelings
Crisis management – how to cope and what to do
Stress and Behaviour Patterns
Passive, aggressive and assertive behaviour
Developing self-assertiveness – taking greater control
Self-motivation – maintaining your motivation
Strategies for dealing with stress positively
Managing conflicting needs more effectively
Developing a Personal Action Plan
Course Duration: 1 Day Course
(Equivalent to ILM Level 3 unit Value of 2 Credits)