By the end of the course, delegates will have:
- Identified the main areas of UK employment law, which affects their organisation and its employees.
- Reviewed current legislation, recent changes and action to be taken
- Reviewed a range of decided cases, which help to put the legislative framework into content.
- Reviewed Employment Protection issues
- Reviewed Protection from Discrimination issues
- An awareness of how the European dimension affects UK employment law.
- Reviewed their own organisation’s current practises against the areas covered in the programme and identified any issues for attention.
Contracts of Employment
Stated and implied terms
Time frames in establishing rights and obligations under the contract
Written terms and conditions
Implications for interviewing and making an offer
The Wages Act
Working time Directive
National Minimum Wage
Protection from Discrimination
Equal pay principles
Discrimination on trade union grounds
Rights to Information
Access to medical reports and records
Personal Development Action Plans
Course Duration: One Day
Delivery: This course can be delivered at a venue to suit you, please contact us for pricing on 01284 763040