Learning Outcomes – The Learner will
- Understand the reasons for safe manual handling
- Understand how manual handling risk assessments contribute to improving health and safety.
- Understand the principles, types of equipment and testing requirements associated with manual handling safety.
- Be able to apply safe manual handling principles.
Assessment Criteria – The learner can
- Outline the potential injuries and ill health associated with incorrect manual handing
- Outline employers and employees duties relating to manual handling at work
- Outline the consequences for non-compliance with health and safety requirements at work.
- Explain the terms ‘hazard’ and ‘risk’ in the context of manual handling work.
- Outline the process for carrying out a manual handling risk assessment.
- Describe the principle of the risk control hierarchy when applied to manual handling
- Describe safe movement principles associated with manual handling.
- Outline the types of equipment designed to be used for manual handling tasks
- Outline the requirements for the testing, servicing and examination of manual handling and lifting equipment.
- Demonstrate efficient and safe manual handling principles when:
- Applying effort to, or moving a load or object manually on their own;
- When using manual handling aids and equipment;
- When undertaking a manual handling task as part of a team.
Course Duration: One Day (Followed by assessment-Multiple Choice Exam)
Fee includes: Course Books, Registration and Certification