By the end of the course, delegates will have:
- Understand the roles and duties for health, safety and welfare in the workplace
- Understand the process of the risk assessment
- Understand how risk assessments improve health and safety at work
- Know the procedures for responding to accidents, near misses and ill-health in the workplace
The HABC Level 2 Award in Health & Safety in the Workplace aims to provide employees with health and safety understanding which will enable them to contribute to any health and safety management system.
In particular the programme will enable the student to:
- Work in a safe and healthy manner and contribute to improving health and safety within an organisation’s policy.
- Identify key hazards in their own workplace.
- Understand the importance of health and safety rules and working procedures.
- Report potential health and safety problems.
- Be responsible for their own actions.
- The workplace and workplace equipment
- Risk assessment
- Manual handling
- Hazardous substances
- Ergonomics and workstation design
- Transport and vehicles
- Noise and vibration
Course Duration: One Day