By the end of the course, delegates will have:
- An awareness of competency frameworks
- Reviewed how they differ from other methods
- Reviewed the uses of competency frameworks in the HR context
- The knowledge to explain competencies to their managers and supervisors
- Described the process through which competencies are identified
- Identified the benefits of a competency framework
- Developed an action plan for implementation in the workplace
Competencies what are they?
Getting to grips with the concepts
How do they differ from other methods?
Objectives, standards, skill and knowledge specifications
Benefits and limitations
What can you use them for?
Integrating competencies across all HR processes
Reinforcing the values of the organisation
Should we measure competencies, and how?
The need to measure the effectiveness of performance
The measurement of behaviour
Using competencies to design development programmes
Identifying competencies from development needs
Sources of information, business plans, job descriptions, performance appraisals, learning needs analysis.
Personal Development Action Plan
Course Duration: One Day