By the end of the course, delegates will have:
- An appreciation of the legal reporting requirements.
- A knowledge of the monitoring and recording systems required.
- Understood the need for a structured investigate process.
- Reviewed case studies relating to accidents and incidents in the workplace.
- Prepared an action plan for the future.
Role & Responsibilities of Accident Investigators
Working to Company Procedures
Reporting Injuries Diseases, Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR)
Principles of Accident Investigation
Establish the facts
Determine the Cause
Recommend Corrective Action
Supervisory Accident InvestigationIsolation of Accident Area
Reporting to Management
Writing of Initial Accident Report
The Power of Inspectors
Near Misses Investigation
Review by Safety Committee & Representatives
Costs and Benefits
Future Personal Actions
Course Duration: One Day