By the end of the course, delegates will have:
- Module 1 – The moral, legal and financial case Moral, Financial and reputational arguments. The responsibility to ensure that the impact of any changes, weaknesses or failures in the system are reported in the correct way.
- Legal requirements for the business.
- The costs of failure
- Module 2
- The financial implications of accidents and ill health caused by working conditions
- Current legislation, particularly the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act and the Management of Workplace Health & Safety Regulations and other regulations relevant to the particular workplace
- Penalties for offences related to health and safety legislation, including the concept of corporate manslaughter
- Documentation and procedures to satisfy legislation
- The root causes of accidents
- The law’s shift in emphasis to a non-prescriptive approach based on the assessment of risk in terms of best current practise
- Basic principles of risk assessment
- The need to appoint competent people to advise on the health and safety function
Plus accreditation fees if applicable (please contact us for details)
Course Duration: One Day