By the end of the course, delegates will have:
- Have an understanding of the concept of Managing Diversity and how it complements the requirements of the Equalities Act 2010
- Recognise the benefits of Managing Diversity to your Organisation and its staff
- Gain an understanding of the main legislation that underpins Equality and Diversity
- Develop an awareness of cultural differences in our behaviours
- Understand the impact of discrimination and challenge unacceptable behaviour effectively
- Identify ways of including good diversity management practices with clients and suppliers
- Develop personal and/or group action plan which will support you in achieving its vision statement of a socially inclusive society
Defining and Managing Diversity – The business case
The characteristics of, and links between Equality and Diversity
The Legislative Framework in Practice
Exploration of the legislation that underpins Equality and Diversity using case studies and discussions:
- Equalities Act 2010
- Race and Sex Discrimination
- Positive Action vs. Positive Discrimination
- Disability Discrimination
- Harassment and Bullying
- Current gaps in the legislation.
The Internal Context – Creating a positive work environment
Exploration of the impact of stereotyping and prejudice on others. A practical exercise.
Identifying potential areas of discrimination in the workplace.
Challenging unacceptable behaviours – harassment, bullying and other forms of discrimination.
The External Context – Providing socially inclusive services
Identifying the diverse nature of our client base
Working towards developing socially inclusive services. A practical exercise.
The Way Forward
Transferring the learning back to the workplace
Course Duration: One Day