By the end of the course, delegates will have:
- Demonstrated their understanding of the skills required to be an Instructor
- Identified how and why people learn
- Gained an understanding of Manual Handling Regulations
- Practised Manual Handling Techniques
- Demonstrated their ability to instruct
- Practised dealing with questions from ‘trainees’
- Practised questioning techniques to check learning
- Demonstrated giving feedback to ‘trainees’
What is training?
How do trainees learn?
Instructor qualities, instructing techniques
Designing a training session
Use of training aids
The pit falls
Preparation for demonstrating an individual skill training session on
Trainees run their individual short skill training session.
This will be assessed via digital camera.
Evaluation of the session using digital camera.
Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992
Manual Handling Training
Preparation and planning for the final day when trainees will run a Training session
Trainees demonstrate to tutor their Manual Handling course
– Digital camera used for feedback.
Evaluation and adjustments
Practical – Trainees instruct employees in Manual Handling
Personal Development Action planning
Course Duration: Three Day