By the end of the course, delegates will have:
- Define your role and responsibilities and assess how your personal style impacts on individuals.
- Project a more self-confident and professional managerial image.
- Build a cohesive team that works together to achieve objectives.
- Recognise and work with the diversity in your team.
- Delegate tasks to the benefit of individuals.
- Communicate confidently and positively with team members and senior colleagues.
- Motivate and develop individuals within your team.
- Deal with people problems quickly, confidently and professionally.
Putting Your Role into an Organisational Context
Reviewing your role and responsibilities
Recognising the key leadership styles
The impact of style on your team
Management and leadership – the difference
People Management, Team Development and Delegation
Leading a team to perform
Recognising and appreciating the diversity of work relationships
Re-assessing the strengths and development areas of the team
Review of essential delegation skills
Motivating the Team
Setting goals for individual development and organisational growth
Encouraging positive input from the individual
Practical ideas on how to motivate your team
Creative Problem Solving and Managing Difficult People
Tools for generating and choosing the right solutions to tricky problems
Conflict situations – how to resolve them
Strategies for dealing with difficult people
Priority, Plans and Performance – Organisation is the Key
Identifying key result areas
How to manage and classify priorities to enhance levels of performance
Developing effective team strategies
Planning ahead – creating an action plan
Engage with key stakeholders to improve performance
Influencing and persuading across your organisational network
Overcoming objections and resistance
Personal Development Action Plan
Course Duration: Two Days