By the end of the course, delegates will have:
- Defined and identified opportunities for using the skills of negotiation.
- Demonstrated their understanding of the “Win-Win” strategy.
- Explored the sources and limitations of power.
- Examined the process of negotiation.
- Learnt the steps of prepare and plan for negotiation.
- Explored the use of concessions and compromise as means of reaching agreement.
- Defined the four key phases of negotiation: investigation, presentation,
- Bargaining and agreement.
- Practised the key skills of establishing rapport, questioning and listening.
- Knowledge of the factors which make a difference between effective and average negotiators.
What is Negotiation?
The skills of negotiation
Recognising opportunities to negotiate
Co-operations versus competition
The philosophy of win-win
The value of a win-win strategy
The Process of Negotiation
Defining the bargaining arena
Preparing to Negotiate
Defining goals and objects
Clarifying the issues
Preparing for conflict
Planning the compromises and concessions
Deciding the acceptable level of agreement
Course Duration: Two Days