By the end of the course, delegates will have:
- Increased confidence in writing business correspondence.
- An understanding of technical language and jargon.
- An understanding of your readers’ needs
- Reviewed methods of presenting figures/tables/illustrations alongside text
- Reviewed the use of acronyms, registered trademarks, copyrighted extracts, etc
- Practised preparing a document utilising the skills gained
- An understanding of writing with a view to compliance and legal issues
What is Effective Writing?
Rules of good techniques
Identifying with the reader
What is important to the reader?
Preparation for Writing Technical Documents
Aims and Objectives
Structuring the document
Presenting figures, tables, illustrations alongside text
Use of acronyms, registered trademarks, copyrighted extracts, etc
Writing with a view to compliance and legal issues
Getting Your Document Together
Sequence and Order
Putting it into words
Presentation and Style
Creating the Right Impression
How people read correspondence
Creating maximum impact
Personal Development Action Plan
Course Duration: One Day
Delivery: This course can be delivered at a venue to suit you, please contact us for pricing on 01284 763040