- justify environmental management in the workplace
- recognise which workplace activities may be subject to environmental legislation or enforcement
- assess environmental aspects and impacts, and evaluate existing controls
- support environmental emergency planning
- understand the importance of reducing environmental harm
- outline the issues associated with waste and its management
- explain the pros and cons of various energy sources and how to use them more efficiently.
Unit EMC1 – Open Book Examination
Written examination and a practical assessment with a written report. Examination (to be downloaded, completed, and submitted in 24 hours) Learners will be required to review a real-life scenario and answer theoretical and practical questions on environmental management.
Unit EMC2 - Practical Assessment
Learners will be required to assess environmental aspects and impacts in their chosen workplace.